Testing to see if Fitbit Charge HR is waterproof

You may know that I bought 2 Fitbit Charge HR and that only 1 is working. I bought one Basis Peak that can fully replace the Fitbit Charge HR and even more, because it is waterproof for swimming!!

But I must say that I am used to Fitbit Android app and I prefer it over the Basis Peak and I found that Fitbit Charge HR heart rate measurements are almost equal to Basis Peak.

There is a change that Fitbit Charge HR is waterproof by design (please see the tear down section) for swimming - just like the Fitbit Charge were tested by DCRainMaker even if Fitbit says NO waterproof for swimming.

So, since I have 2 devices that can track my activity using HR and I just need one, I decided to use the one I prefer for now (Fitbit Charge HR) even for swimming - if it will die while swimming, not problem, I will just replace it for the Basis Peak :-)

EDIT on 24.05.2015:
I used this unit during 1h of swiming on the pool e 30m swiming on the ocean. After 1h I started to see what seems to be a little watter inside on the LCD but however it still works. Now I do not think that Fitbit Charge HR can be waterproof.
After this experience, I finally exchanged Fitbit Charge HR for the Basis Peak.

Fitbit Charge HR Tear Down

Also I decided to teardown my dead Fitbit Charge HR and try understand if by design it is waterprof. Turns out that I think it should be waterprof.













Post a Comment