I don't usually use MS office , Notepad ++ and word pad  are the most, but today I installed Microsoft Office , because Im gonna edit my old resume. After I install there is annoying error I ignore it. but after I done editing I try to save my doc It was unliclickable  I was unable to save . I try uninstall it and registed it again  via windows run command "winword.exe /r" it failed to fix

This this the error popping out.


I am getting desperate and running out of time because tomorrow I'm gonna submit the doc. Then, I have recalled that the problem  I eventually create a RAM Disk then I remove it. Thinking I remember that I move  Temporary Internet Files folder to my RAM DISK which is I:\cache, I checked the registry for my temp folder settings and the cache was assigned to the wrong drive which is now a Virtual DVD ROM.

I have tutorial on RAM Disk : www.blogmytuts.net/2015/03/boost-your-computer-like-having-ssd.ahtml

My Solution:

I simply pointed the registry entry to my temp folder start Word and it works fine. Navigate to the registry key below and Woahla!! I can save aa file.


1. Press Windows Key + R combination, type put Regedt32.exe in Run dialog box and hit Enter to open the Registry Editor.

2. Navigate to the following location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft >Windows > CurrentVersion > Explorer > User Shell Folders > Cache

3. Change: the value to your TEMP folder like %USERPROFILE%TEMP

or type %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files

Other Solution: 

Same step but Navigate this

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders >AppData

Change Value to %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming





Post a Comment