My bad experience with Fitbit product and support, with a defective, 1 month old, Fitbit Charge HR

I used over 1 month a Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Heart Rate + Activity Wristand but now it is defective (seems that an automatic firmware update failed) and Fitbit do not help me.

In one morning I just found the device not operational and then I put it charging. Later I found it working but like this:


And here is a video showing me trying to reset the device:


After searching on Fitbit forum and on google for the same problem I found many suggestions from the ones that were getting similar behavior - with no good results :-(

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: Seems that a user found a solution - he commented on my youtube vídeo:
ldhernandez85 1 day agoI had the same problem and fixed it!
1. Turn off your bluetooth and unpair it from your phone.
2. I left it alone for about 10 mins and just picked it up and the progress bar was gone and I could cycle through the features.
3. Turned bluetooth back on and opened up the Fitbit app and it automatically paired back up with my phone after 30- 40 secs.
4. Tried to run the update again and it updated. The update only took about 2 mins.
I hope this helps anyone still having issues.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For instance, I find this:
Hey guys, I recently purchased a FitBit charge and I am having a problem trying to update the firmware. I have tried it on a PC, MAC and my iphone 5. It keeps getting stuck halfway and it refuses to go any further. I have tried resetting my fitbit charge and trying the updates again but still having problems. How long is an update supposed to take?
And someone answered:
I had the same issue with my Charge Hr. Fitbit support recommended me to update only through the desktop for this latest update, but mine still was continually was stuck at 50%. Since the desktop update doesn't work, the device is defective. Contact Fitbit support and they will ship a new one out to you right away.
I contacted Fitbit support, 2 times, by live chat. They tried to help me but in the end they asked me to say were I bought it and after I told I bought on Ebay from on seller, they just informed me:
Currently, our warranty is limited, and we offer it for the products that were purchase through our website and the authorized retailers.
So then I contacted the seller but guess what, I didn't get any answer :-(

Now I am with a Fitbit Charge HR stuck in firmware update mode :-( :-(

I decided to buy the Basis Peak which also have the heart rate tracking but have an advantage because it is water prof and I can swim with it :-) -- sure, it is also more expensive.

Post a Comment